Monday, September 7, 2009

365-170





August 21, 2009

Alright, y'all ready for this one???

It was a typical Friday night... din din with the fam. I had both Kyah and Memphis in my car and they loved riding together. Most of the kids made dinner pretty miserable. I don't know why we keep doing that to ourselves. LOL. After dinner I again had the two, two year olds. I buckled in Kyah and then attempted to buckle in Memphis, who was thrashing around and making very difficult to do anything. I threw my purse and keys on the front seat and forced her to be buckled in and shut the door. Went to open my door only to find that while I threw them in the front seat I hit the button and locked the car. (I actually remember hearing them lock but thought NOTHING of it!!!) I was the only adult in my car and panic set in. Do I leave them? I just stood there not knowing what on earth I should do. I saw in the far distance my little sister and screamed at the top of my lungs: "Stacey, I locked the girls in the car, help". She transferred to Shauna that I had locked something in the car and Shauna knew right away what I had done. By then the whole family had some to the car, Mike included and he called 911. They got there quick and we had a fire truck and three police there. So embarrassing! The first tool they had, they could not get it open... so with in 7 to 10 min they had another tool there that opened the door just enough to push the unlock button. Yea!!!!! Even though it was a cool night, the girls were good and sweaty by the time we got them out. Poor things. They didn't cry or anything... just watched as we all kept looking in at them. They would wave at us... clueless of anything out of the norm. What an eventful night! Never again!

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, that is pretty funny, even though at the time I'm sure it was stressful! Those girls make me laugh, I can just picture them waving at you guys as everyone surrounded them, lol!

    ReplyDelete